CEO Tim Cook says ‘the best is yet to come’
The late Steve Jobs announcing the first iPhone, January 9, 2007
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Innovations
- The world’s most popular camera is even better with a 12-megapixel lens, optical image stabilization, an f/1.8 aperture that captures 50 percent more light as well as wide color capture, all allowing for more vibrant colors with more detail even in low light, while iPhone 7 Plus also offers a dual-lens camera with Portrait mode and up to 2X optical zoom.
- The A10 Fusion chip is the most powerful chip ever in a smartphone, with processing performance 120 times faster and the graphics performance 240 times faster in iPhone 7 than the original iPhone.
- Stereo speakers provide amazing and immersive sound that is two times louder than iPhone 6s, with increased dynamic range of sound and a higher-quality speakerphone.
- An entirely reengineered enclosure resulting in the first water-resistant iPhone that offers protection against spills, splashes and dust like never before.
- The brightest, most colorful Retina HD display ever in an iPhone, with a wide color gamut for cinema-standard colors, greater color saturation and the best color management in the smartphone industry.
- bringing the power of the App Store to Messages;
- a Memories feature in Photos;
- SiriKit for developers so apps can talk to Siri;
- a new Home app that allows users to easily and securely set up, manage and control their home all in one place;
- an improved Maps app that is even simpler and more intuitive to use;
- greater clarity and simplicity to every aspect of the Apple Music experience; and
- support for breaking news notifications and paid subscriptions in the News app.